Friday, January 22, 2010

It's still looking a bit like Christmas


Normally I look forward to New Year's Day so that I can take down the Christmas tree, reclaim its space, and return to a bit of normalcy after the holidays. But this year, I still have the tree up. I still turn the lights on in the evenings (when the one outlet has a free plug).


One day a couple of weeks before Christmas, Anna disappeared for awhile. She had promised she would stay close by, but she had something important to do. She had decided that we needed a tree even if we weren't going to be here for Christmas. So she went out to the China store and told them she wanted the least expensive tree they had. When she returned home, she had this little Christmas tree under her arm.

This year, I just might keep that tree up until summer. I think it's the most beautiful little Christmas tree I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment